Gymnema SylvestreRegular price $15.99
Gymnema Sylvestre is a woody climbing shrub that’s native to the tropical forests of India, Africa, and Australia. Its leaves have been used in the ancient Indian medicinal practice Ayurveda for thousands of years.
The suggested intake of Gymnema Sylvestre:
- Boil leaves for 5 minutes, then let steep for 10–15 minutes before drinking.
- Start with 2 grams, increasing to 4 grams if no side effects occur.
Here are some of the benefits known across the world about Gymnema Sylvestre:
- Reduces sugar cravings by making sweet foods taste less appealing.
- Helps lower blood sugar levels
- May contribute to favorable insulin levels increasing insulin production
- Improves cholesterol and triglyceride levels, reducing heart disease risk
- May aid weight loss
- Helps reduce inflammation due to its Tannin and Saponin content
- Fights cavities
- Regulates immune system
This herb is thought to inhibit sugar absorption and thus has become a popular study subject in Western medicine. Its leaves have been used in the ancient Indian medicinal practice Ayurveda for thousands of years. It has been a traditional remedy for various ailments, including diabetes, malaria, and snakebites.
Pregnant women or women trying to become pregnant, breastfeeding mothers, and infants shouldn’t take any herbal, medicinal, or natural intakes. The only reason is for the sake of the little ones, the body has not yet developed its full immunity.
Diabetes: Gymnema can affect blood sugar levels in people with diabetes. Watch for signs of low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) and monitor your blood sugar carefully if you have diabetes and use Gymnema.
Surgery: Gymnema might affect blood sugar levels and could interfere with blood sugar control during and after surgical procedures. Stop using Gymnema at least 2 weeks before a scheduled surgery.